Monday, June 30, 2008

Upcoming Films: Prince of Persia

Ay, Me! It's been a whole month and it's just flown by. Life's been pretty busy and I've moved out to Sacramento for my job, for a little bit. Getting an internet connection has been a trial in and of itself, but relax, dear readers! Here I sit, able to communicate once again!

Recently, I was scrolling through an Upcoming Disney Films webpage (as I am often wont to do), and found ... "Oh my gosh, they're making a Prince of Persia movie!!! With Day After Tomorrow hottie Jake Gyllenhall as the prince!" To say that I'm intrigued and excited is a bit of an understatement.



So we'll add that to the list of awesome movies I simply MUST see. Everyone knows that summer is a great time for all the action block busters, and this summer has been no exception.

Indiana Jones was great, and having just seen Pixar's WALL-E, and priming myself to see Will Smith in Hancock, and yet another Benicio Del Toro take on Hell Boy, well, I have to say, this summer has not let me down. But it's of course never to soon to start prepping for next year and the list of upcoming films is a joy. Along with PoP, Disney is also working on it's first 2D film since 2004, The Princess and the Frog with a nicely rounded ethnically diverse cast. I miss the good old days of 2D Disney, so I'll be looking forward to that one. In the meantime, I'll have to wait for the next round of exciting releases.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of all the movies Jake Gyllenhall has been in, why "Day After Tomorrow"? I mean, that's like saying "the best time I got food poisoning from chinese food" - it's like an otherwise good thing paired with a horrible, horrible memory.

Jesse said...

Don't forget about the Batman coming out soon. That one looks to be great.