Saturday, December 6, 2008

Misti's Link of the Month - Yelp.com

I know it's been quite some time since I posted last, and now you're getting just a glimmer of a post, but it's worth it, I promise!

My job has me traveling all over the state, and that means that every few weeks or so, I'm thrown into a new location and I have to start all over again, learning where to eat, where to shop, the best libraries, et. al. Yelp.com is a handy tool which has allowed me to learn my surroundings with a much greater ease. Yelp provides user-written reviews to give a sense of place for each reviewed location. You don't even have to join in order to search through your local area.

It's even fun to write reviews for all the place you've eaten, and I know that I, personally, have been sucked into the yelp bubble. It seems like it's a very popular site for west-coasters, but the east coast is starting to catch up and is this is a tremendous resource for people in big cities like SF or NYC who are looking for a great dinner on the fly. Yelp includes information on formality, price range, kid-friendliness, parking... all the things you really need to know.

Visit Yelp.com and find all the places you've been missing!

No comments: