Friday, April 25, 2008

Upcoming Film: Iron Man


Iron Man enjoys lurking, long flights to the beach,
and staring menacingly through to your soul

Having already seen Forbidden Kingdom, it's time to look ahead and see what else is out there. With much trumpeting and fanfare, Marvel announced it's live action attraction of Iron Man, the story of wealthy billionaire Tony Stark as he develops a technological army-of-one and eventually decides to utilize that power for good.

I haven't really read any of the Iron Man comics, but I've always been a fan of Marvel and their movies so far have all been nothing short of stunning and all have been stuffed with fabulous plot. And frankly, if anyone can play Tony Stark's willfully destructive and highly alcoholic personality, it would be Robert Downey Jr. And, lucky us, that's exactly who's playing him.

I really have nothing else to add here, except that I'm excited to see how they handle some of the physics of having a suit made of metal. Comic-book explanation only does so much, and it's much more impressive to see something of that sort of mass on the move.

With Iron Man coming out on May 2nd, I desperately want to see it on opening night with my friends, but my work schedule doesn't really allow that (getting up at 4am does not interact well with midnight showings... ouch). So I won't be seeing Iron Man opening day, but perhaps on the following Sunday. If you get a chance to see it before I post my reactions, why not leave a comment here and let me know what you thought!

No comments: