Thursday, March 13, 2008

New Beginnings and a statement of intent

I think this new blog has started out on a critical note and leads me to wonder, "what makes a geek". More specifically, is a female geek all that different from her male counterparts? Can a geek be interested in objects and activities aside from those that include science fiction, fantasy, gaming or electronics? I think the answer here is yes. However, in the meantime, I've spent very nearly 4 hours trying to get the html coding on this blog just so, and I STILL can't seem to find the code for those hideous teal bars to replace them.

Perfectionism aside, I'd like to use this space to share with the world my passions and endeavors to learn more about the things that make me geek out. As a basic starting list, I love:
Long words, well-written plays, taking photos, shrinkydinks, sewing, baking, card-making, painting, water and anything that lives in it, video games, computers, sleeping, sci-fi/fantasy, manga, the color blue, shoes, the color purple, stickers, a capella music, and a large variety of other things.

Keep your eyes glued to this space to learn more about all these things and maybe dig a little deeper into ourselves to discover what it really means to geek out.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

Welcome to blogger Misti. It looks like you're already off to a good start. I've had my blog here for a year and a half and still haven't bothered with the layout much.

My blog once had intent, but much like hyper-color shirts and pajama pants that seems like a long time ago.